EXFO is looking for a CORE EPC and CORE CS/IMS Optimization Engineer located in USA, to lead the EXFO projects in the region in the context of 5G SA deployment.
This mission covers activities such as:
- Technical assistance on EXFO solution,
- Network performance and Optimization,
- EXFO Product training.
What you’ll do
Part of EXFO technical teams, you will be performing core optimization activities
- Analyze EPC/CORE CS/IMS/5G Core network performance and investigate the root cause(s) of performance degradations,
- Perform on demand analysis on specific issues (new performance degradation, customer complaint...),
- Provide recommendations to the customer to solve the identified issues (IMS or EPC equipment parameter tuning with targeted value),
- Analyze, develop and create new KPIs, counters, dashboards to complement our solution by added value use cases answering to the major issues that could face a customer,
- Assist customer’s team in enriching EXFO solution with new use cases. Enhance EXFO tools with specific KPIs and new dashboards in a Big Data and virtualized environment,
- Perform workshops to transfer telecom knowledge and/or knowledge about EXFO solutions to customer’s team,
- Provide technical advice and support to customers and other teams in EXFO,
- Participate to customer presentation in order to expose the findings and recommendations from the analysis.
What we’re looking for
- Deep knowledge in CORE architecture, especially in IMS for VoLTE.
- 5G SA or NSA LAB experience
- Deep knowledge of vendors tools and CORE equipment: ERICSSON and NOKIA
- Knowledge and exposure to different switching network, signaling, telecom standards and implementations, end-to-end knowledge on Rel4 Voice over LTE call flow and/or deployment, feature testing/verification
- Experience with signaling protocols like SIP, SIP-I, BICC, MAP, ISUP, TCP/IP, Diameter, GTP C/U, PFCP and JSON.
- Understanding of Mobile Network different interfaces i.e. Iu, A, Gx, Gy, S1, S11, S5, S6a, SGS, SGi, ISC, Mg, SBI, N1/N2, N3/N4, Cx, Sh, Ro, Rf, Gm, Sxa, Sxb, etc.
- Will be also valued:
- Knowledge of EXFO’s solutions
- Experience on Traffic simulators
- Basic experience in RAN
- Knowledge of advanced routing concepts in open MSS
- Results oriented with focus on service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Good presentation skills to explain and show the value of results to the Customer.
- Team player, open communication, and ability to work in international environment.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills,
Pertinent experience: At least five years of experience in Mobile Core network including 2 years Core Optimization
Language requirements: English speaker, Spanish will be valuable.
Education: Graduated computer science or telecommunications engineer (or equivalent).
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.