As a Principal Quality Analyst this person will be responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for EXFO’s Transport & Datacom product. This person will be responsible for creating test plans including gathering test requirements, use-cases/test plan creation and risk assessment, with a strong focus on end-to-end scenario testing.
What you’ll do
- Involve in requirement understanding.
- Involve in test planning.
- Involve in manual and automated test case designing.
- Involve in test data preparation
- Involve in test execution.
- Involve in defect management activity.
- Actively involve in the test case review activities.
- Actively involve in preparing test setups.
- Actively participate in different types improvement activities related to testing practices.
- Works towards scrum team goal, not only towards individual goal.
What we’re looking for
- Strong understanding of OSI layer.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more of the following protocols : Ethernet, IP, FiberChanel.
- Experience in testing of L2 and L3 layer Protocol like STP, OAM, IPv4/IPv6, OSPF, BGP, L3VPN.
- Strong knowledge in switching concepts VLAN’s, Routing concepts, QoS, Ethernet, MPLS, PPoE, Fiber Channel.
- Experience on lab setup including network configuration using devices like Router and Switches for any required scenarios (VLAN, MPLS or any routing protocol).
- Experience on any traffic generator tool like SmartBits or IXIA and packet capturing tool like Wireshark.
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC.
- Extensive experience on manual testing.
- Hands on experience on automation testing.
- Must be good at analyzing and debugging product issues.
- Should be able to complete assigned tasks with minimum supervision with high quality and on time.
- Follows disciplined software development practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A team player, who goes out of his /her way to help the team members, whenever possible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A person who is more people oriented, with a skill to talk to people and get the required info.
Pertinent experience: 10+ years in the field of Software Quality Assurance
Language requirements: English
Education: BE/B Tech/ MCA.
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.
What we are offering (select what is applicable to your location)
- Flexible working hours
- Multi-site & Multidisciplinary teams
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Modern Workspace
- AGILE work methodology
- Variety of social and sports activities
- Social Community Involvement
- Free parking
- Onsite Cafeteria Services
- Competitive vacation policy and holiday time off
- Annual Bonus Program