Reporting to the Global Services Vice-President, the Regional Director Americas will lead the organization to deliver EXFO SASS solutions to customers across the region and provide customer support on these solutions. He/She will manage a multi-country and multi-functional team of 50+ professionals spanning functions in project management, solution delivery, solution engineering/upgrade and customer care.
The Regional Director is expected to display a leadership on 3 main focus areas: strategic, people and operational. The director is responsible for the delivery of mandates, products, special projects and tasks with discipline through well-known practices. Knows how to attract, develop and showcase talent and therefore contribute to grow people and the entire organization. The director is driving results by using concept & data analysis to respond to today's and tomorrow's business challenges.
- Understand market trends and create customer-centric mindset.
- Knowledgeable of the specific domain and/or technology under leadership.
- Participate to create corporate strategic vision for the short and mid-term and drive efficient execution.
- Translate to the team the corporate strategic vision and connect the dots with all the different initiatives within EXFO.
- Aligned with the corporate vision, elaborate and execute the strategy of his own sector; organizational efficiency, technology adoption, solutions & products orientation and target markets.
- Closely work in collaboration with the counterpart Director to ensure understanding and alignment of common objectives.
- Ensure overall technology watch is performed and socialized
- Acts as servant leader by putting emphasis on support and growth. Create winning conditions to make the team succeed, by providing appropriate coaching and foster a 360° learning culture.
- Promote team autonomy while facilitating collaboration between the various teams.
- Play a role of influencer with the entire EXFO community at all levels in every sector regards in line with the scope of responsibilities.
- Acts as a company ambassador and has an impact outside of the organization with peers and/or industry.
- Accountable for the delivery of high-quality solutions of products and/or services as per business objective and priorities.
- Promote best practices harmonization to ease work between teams.
- Create and nurture a safe environment, where cheap failure and learnings are fostered
- Responsible for the cost efficiency of the group under direction in order to maximize profitability.
- Promote and contribute to continuous improvement of the overall global services organization, through specific initiatives.
- Always keep in mind the customer expectations (internal or external) and facilitate problem solving while taking into account the levels of authority of the teams.
What we’re looking for
- Telecom Optical fiber and mobile networks (5G)
- Excellent know-how on complex solutions integration
- Good knowledge in Software Engineering / Installations / Industrialization
- Good knowledge in new IT & Telecoms technologies: e.g. Big Data, NFV/SDN, …
- Transformational leadership & Influence
- Strategic thinking
- Customer focus
- Business Agility
- Effective decision making
- Focus on results
- Emotional Intelligence
- Talent Development
- Excellent Communication skills
Pertinent experience: you have minimum 15 years of expertise in the software industry leading an international team in the telecommunications sector.
Language requirements: Fluent in English & French
Education: Graduated computer science Engineer or equivalent.
Ability to travel
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.