Careers at EXFO
Do you live and breathe DevOps? Are you excited by the cloud-native infrastructure domain? Read on to learn more about this unique opportunity to lead and grow a pivotal team in this space.
Foundations is a cloud infrastructure platform that includes kubernetes, secret and certificate management, automated application deployment, observability and cloud-native application toolkits. It is the cloud infrastructure backbone of all EXFO cloud-native products therefore used by multiple teams. Foundations also includes our integrated, cloud based, DevSecOps toolchain that is used by all EXFO product development teams for software development, delivery and life-cycle management.
Reporting to the Chief Software Architect, the Development Manager, Cloud Native Foundations is responsible for the efficient development and delivery of high-quality releases of the Foundations platform and DevSecOps toolchain. The development manager fosters the adoption of best practices and standards to the multi-disciplinary team members under responsibility and fuels a safe environment where innovation and learnings are celebrated. This hands-on role sees the development manager contributing into technical/architectural elements when needed. He/She ensures that the aspects like security, tests, technical debt, etc. are considered in the estimates of the timeline and aligned with the roadmap requirements.
What you’ll do
• Manage and develop the multi-disciplinary team members, acting as a servant leader
• Responsible for the efficiency and focus of the team at continuously delivering high quality value to customers (internal or external)
• Drive technology watch activities, especially in the fast-moving cloud infrastructure space
• Maintain and communicate the Foundations technology roadmap
• Collaborate with product teams to plan and support integration of Foundations into cloud-native products
• Support and do not hesitate to get involved with the team’s decisions
• When needed, willing to jump into technical tasks and get hands-on
• Ownership of the development backlog, including relative priorities
• Seek customer and user satisfaction (delivery efficiency, quality, performance, scalability)
• Nurture out-of-the-box thinking and innovative problem solving
• Foster a safe, learning and high-performance environment
• Ensure optimal team’s skillsets and talent, driving the hiring and onboarding of team members
What we’re looking for
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and automation with Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Ansible
• Knowledge of application and infrastructure deployment automation with GitOps
• Proficient in code reviews, coding, architecture reviews
• Excellent understanding of the DevOps culture and best-practices - ready to build it, test it, deploy it, own it
• Experience of observability stacks, security infrastructure and IAM considered an asset
• High level agile management skills (Agile, SAFe, Scrum, Kanban)
• Hands-on experience of issue management and tracking, CI/CD and automated testing (Gitlab toolchain preferred)
• Team leadership
• Managerial courage
• Developing others
• Results oriented
• Technically knowledgeable
• Established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
• Innovation (capable of visioning and ability to generate ideas)
• Strong communication skills, ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
• Finger on the pulse of industry, closely following cloud-native infrastructure technologies, DevSecOps, GitOps and Lean Agile software development best-practices
Pertinent experience: Solid experience in a leadership/management role ideally in the cloud infrastructure space; background as lead developer or architect.
Language requirements: French and English
Education: University degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.