We are looking for a Customer Care Specialist to join the EXFO’s service assurance, systems & solution customer support group. The person we are looking for possesses strong customer facing skills with a focus on systems administration & troubleshooting.
At EXFO, you will work day-to-day with worldwide system engineering and Technical support teams. Your primary responsibilities will be to analyze and resolve customer issues in partnership with the different engineer teams of our solutions for network monitoring & analytics.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues from customers.
- Configure and troubleshoot customer related issues. Participate actively in on-call support with different global field partners or end customers, which may include occasional after hours and weekends shift work.
- Participate to customer issues prioritization calls with the Technical Support team.
- Build automation and participate actively in the scripting strategy, to restore & resolve customer issues.
- Troubleshoot customer system’s performance at the hardware, software and Database level.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction on the resolution and maintaining SLA (Service Level Agreements).
- Get involved with administrative reporting for customer’s system and health check parameters.
- Advanced level Linux skills, including installation, systems administration and troubleshooting
- Advanced Wireless protocol understanding
- Advanced networking skills (TCP/IP, Subnetting, VLANs, IPv4/IPv6 routing, firewall and SSL/IPSec VPNs)
- Experience with database (SQL, Sybase, Oracle)
- Experience in DevOps tools and Kubernetes.
- Expertise with virtualization technologies (VMware, Openstack)
- Experience in Cloud computing like AWS
- Consideration for Big Data architecture knowledge like Hadoop
Required skills and aptitudes
- Strong communication and collaborative skills are a must.
- Ability to communicate clearly and transparently in English, verbally and in writing, keeping the right people informed of relevant issues; French spoken is very desirable;
- Work well in a fast paced, dynamic environment with geographically distributed teams;
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with a strong desire to learn;
- Ability to Analyze and Prioritize.
- Ability to drive special task force teams to accelerate specific customer situations proactively.
- Bachelor degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years in hands-on technical role
- Includes occasional after hours and weekends shift work