Careers at EXFO
EXFO develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leadingtelecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies—and we lovewhat we do! With nearly 1,900 employees in more than 25 countries, EXFO is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic testsolutions and has the largest active assurance deployment. Our broad portfolio of intelligent hardware andsoftware solutions enable our customer’s network transformations related to fiber, 5G, virtualization and big dataanalytics. We’re always looking for top talent to help us lead the way in a thriving industry with boundlessopportunities.
EXFO is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Channel Manager for the Nordics market with a proven trackrecord of increasing sales within large and medium telecom accounts. This individual will drive businessdevelopment and the customer engagement process for wireline and wireless operators. The focus is on newnetwork technologies, like 5G in mobile networks, distributed access architecture (DAA) in cable networks, or newhigh-speed interfaces in core and access networks. The individual will work in a virtual team that is responsible forthe definition and implementation of a sales strategy which integrates well with the customer`s roadmaps andpriorities. The ideal candidate should have the experience and skills required to blend well with the customersand up to senior levels. Additionally, this individual must have built a successful and strong relationship with someof the key Fixed and Mobile operators across the region.
The Channel Manager will work with the virtual team, and be a high-value team member who influences theteams’ overall growth. More specifically, the responsibilities will consist of the following:
• Understand key needs from the regional accounts and able to support them by aligning EXFO’s solutions tomeet their business needs.
• Understands the key customers' vision, organizational business goals, and metrics, their strategic direction, andchallenges, and can successfully communicate this to the EXFO team.
• Developing long term business successes with the customers by building and maintaining strong relationshipsand trust, as well as identifying profitable business opportunities based on strategic partnership within theaccounts.
• Effectively utilizes and motivates all available resources (solution sales executives, technical support specialists,company executives, and channel partners) to aggressively pursue revenue opportunities.
• Develop and nurture strong communication channels with the key customer executives, strategists and decision-makers.
• Communicates effectively to ensure the flow of information amongst the key internal stakeholders and theregional customers.
Required Skills and Aptitudes
• Proven track record with consistent sales achievement in the Telecommunication industry.
• Advanced proficiency with solution selling, demonstrating in-depth sales and consulting skills.
• Knowledge regarding wireless and wireline network technologies, especially, 5G, DAA, FTTX, active and passiveWDM
• Ideally versed in Transport & Datacom, protocol and monitoring. The candidate should have extensiveknowledge of the Transport & Datacom technology and applications (Gigabit Ethernet, OTN, Service Turnup)
• Demonstrable ability to win business in a difficult competitive market environment.
• Capability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand concepts.
• Solid understanding of the market including customer strategic plans, value chains, regulatory environment,major stakeholders and requirements.
• In-depth knowledge of Customer & Revenue Management.
• Results focused with a strong consideration for delivery excellence.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to prepare and deliver professionaldocuments and presentations to all levels of an organization.
• Accountability, boundaryless mindset, collaborative approach
Academic and Professional Requirements
• Education: University degree in Science of Technological Subject. MBA is an asset.
•Pertinent experience: At least 5 years’ experience selling telecommunication equipment and/ or services toregional accounts.
•Language requirements:English - written and spoken.
• Ability to travel: Approximately 60% of travel required.