Careers at EXFO
Application Engineer (Wireless Telecom for Homeland Security Business)
You will be an integral part of the Homeland Security Sales Organization to enhance the Sales Organization’s ability to compete in existing and emerging markets in Homeland Security business (Police, Defense / Military, Intelligence Services) in the North America, Canada and Latin America.
You will provide technical leadership throughout the whole sales process; you will provide technical pre-qualifications pertaining to Homeland Security solutions. You will serve as the product champion for all new and existing products by learning product operation, capabilities, competitors and markets, provide proactive advice regarding sales opportunities; identifying opportunities for their assigned market area to enhance business activity, and by proactively fulfilling the needs of the customer and the sales organization.
What we are looking for pre-sales technical focus
• Provide technical support presence at trade shows, conferences and seminars and other marketing events.
• Ensure smooth product introduction to the sales force. This includes ensuring the creation of proper collateral materials, training, etc.
• Provide pre-sales technical support by creating and delivering compelling technical presentations, and by developing and maintaining thorough technical, technology and in-depth product knowledge regarding relevant aspects of Homeland Security products in their assigned product/BU area of responsibility.
• Provide sales support by identifying product applications; and by studying and disseminating market trend information
• Provide sales support by disseminating technical information on specific applications to sales personnel and customers. By assisting and implementing customer training sessions, product evaluation support, as well as some post sale support when required.
• Take care of RFPs/Tenders technical responses.
• Explore alternative products and propose technology integrations to enhance product sales.
• Prepare reports, as required by the management team.
• In-depth knowledge of Cellular Wireless Technologies (CDMA, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G).
• Strong background in government solutions (police, defense / military, intelligence services).
• Strong relationships and knowledge of the government security (police, defense / military, intelligence services) customer base.
• Engineering/Telecommunications background.
• Preferred knowledge of other (non-cellular) wireless technologies.
• Ability to discuss and configure bespoke technical solutions.
• Technical Presentation Skills.
• Commercial Awareness.
• Extremely customer-oriented.
• Outstanding technical skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Self starter, able to interact with people at all levels and the ability to work unsupervised.
• Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented.
• Possess leadership qualities and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Willingness and ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Willingness to travel > 50% of time, also internationally.
• Willingness to work remotely at inconvenient hours.
• Pro-active and entrepreneurial skill set.
• Professional history as Armed Forces/Police Officer or Civil Servant a plus
Education: University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications.
Pertinent experience: At least 5 years’ experience in direct and indirect sales of test and measurement equipment/systems or wireless telecommunications solutions for homeland security / government solutions customers.
Languages: Fluent in English language. Additional languages (e.g. French, Spanish, Portuguese) are advantage.
You will also be required to perform any other task related to this position.