EXFO is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated account manager with experience in a sales or business development role in the telecommunication industry. The targets are the fast-growing alternative network operators building FTTH networks in Germany.
The individual is responsible for the definition and implementation of a sales strategy which integrates well with the customer`s roadmaps and priorities.
Test automation and documentation are key objectives of EXFO’s customers and consequently, a good understanding of the processes and tools of the customers is also part of the sales strategy. It also requires cooperation with companies providing tools that are part of the customers’ workflow process.
The Regional Sales Manager will work with the virtual team, and be a high-value team member who influences the team’s overall growth. More specifically, the responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Understand key needs and problems from the accounts and be able to support them by aligning EXFO’s solutions to meet their business needs.
- Understands the customers’ targets, organizational business goals, and metrics, their strategic direction, and challenges, and can successfully communicate this to the EXFO team.
- Finding solutions for customers which might go beyond the EXFO portfolio by cooperating with 3rd party companies
- Developing long-term business successes with customers by building and maintaining strong relationships and trust, as well as identifying profitable business opportunities based on strategic partnerships within the accounts.
- Effectively utilizes and motivates all available resources (solution sales executives, technical support specialists, company executives) to aggressively pursue revenue opportunities.
- Develop and nurture strong communication channels with the key customer executives, strategists and decision-makers.
- Communicates effectively to ensure the flow of information amongst the key internal stakeholders and the regional customers.
What we're looking for
- Proven track record with consistent sales achievement in the Telecommunication industry.
- Ideally versed in Optical and Transport & Datacom, protocol and monitoring.
- Solid understanding of the FTTH market including strategic plans, value chains and processes, and regulatory environment
- Results focused on a strong consideration for delivery excellence.
- Influence: share vision, align the efforts of others and build commitment at all levels
- Effective communication skills: Speak and write with clarity, inspire trust, and use active listening behaviors
- Learning agility: Value and seek out the lessons of experience. Help others to do so.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to prepare and deliver professional documents and presentations to all levels of an organization.
- Accountability, boundaryless mindset, collaborative approach
• Education: University degree in Science of Technological Subject. MBA is an asset.
• Pertinent experience: At least 5 years of experience selling telecommunication equipment and/ or services.
• Language requirements: German – native speaker or equal, English - written and spoken.
• Ability to travel: Approximately 40% of travel is required.