With financial backing and commitment from leadership, EXFO envisions a fully integrated, agile, digital platform that will improve EXFO’s T&M customer journey in an unprecedent way to differentiate us from our competitor to expand our market share and enable applications targeted at helping EXFO’s customer with improved efficiency; advanced analytics and artificial intelligence.
Reporting to the VP, Commercial Transformation, the Director of Digital Transformation will help bring EXFO into the future by setting and executing on a brand-new digital vision which will position EXFO as the new Digital Brand in its industry through unique digital interaction with our customer, an improved ownership experience and a set of cloud based augmented applications to offer value beyond test and measurement.
You will be the Digital Visionary, working with EXFO leadership to set a clear and compelling vision for the future and building the team to help chart that path. This is, therefore, an amazing opportunity to create and deploy our Digital Transformation strategy and a rare opportunity to help take a leader in Telecom Test and assurance into the digital future. More specifically, you will:
- Be a digital expert, capable of understanding how all the pieces of the puzzle connect to successfully embark on a digital journey from connected platforms to powerful user experiences to cloud based application powered by AI
- Be responsible for the adoption of your digital initiatives across the organization
- Drive execution and motivation of the delivery teams of this transformation and set a lean and agile structure to deliver customers focus improvement on a quarterly basis.
- Help create productive and value driven partnerships with third party vendors and development teams to help unlock rapid delivery
- You will help drive an evolution in digital thinking, first in the Test & Measurement division where we are currently developing and implementing products, and then across other divisions within the company. The result will be a coherent, user-relevant, value-driven, and harmonious digital strategy.
What we’re looking for
- Best-in-class digital experience and knowledge, with a deep understanding of Agile and Design Thinking
- A track record of setting business / brand vision and strategy and bringing this to life digitally
- Experience in “pure play” digital and larger company transformations (typically in the consumer and technology sectors)
- Related work experience handling complex pre and post sales cycles with customers.
- Be known as a leader whose advice is sought and who can inspire respect and cooperation because of knowledge, experience, and the ability to get things done
- Managerial ability to lead and see programs through to fruition
- Superior intellect, strategic and tactical thinking ability, combined with a strong business sense to challenge the status-quo
- The capability to develop, articulate and deliver reliable plans while linking them to functional and business financial plans
- The ability to build an environment where the organization and its people learn naturally from experiences and look for ways to apply their learning to benefit the organization
- Proven success in leading, coaching and developing teams in a collaborative way
- The ability to effectively influence people of all levels in a fast-moving environment
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment, courage, and entrepreneurial excitement, with a desire for ownership
- Have a keen eye for disruptive threats/trends by building a network of peers and ideas outside of our existing ones.
- A desire to commit to and get things done and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Pertinent experience: 10 + years’ operational experience in the telecommunication or high-tech industry. 5+ years’ leadership experience in digital transformations. Background in IT, product line management or R&D are an asset
- Language requirements: Bilingual (French/English, written and verbal) required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. An MBA is considered an asset
- Traveling up to 25% of the time after COVID.
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.