Reporting to the Director - Transport & Datacom Business Unit, the EXFO Product Line Manager - RF, is a seasoned professional who has extensive experience marketing and positioning high-value solutions at wireless telecommunications service providers. Highly developed business development, technical and marketing skills are a must as you will be interacting with internal/external business partners, sales and customers. This position requires a person who can demonstrate strong knowledge in a number of technologies, can operate under minimal supervision, is a self-motivated, fast learner and is highly competent in developing and executing strategies to foster new business growth of RF solutions.
What you'll do
- Work closely with product/sales teams to implement and execute strategies to developing new business growth for EXFO’s RF product lines
- Coordinate with the global sales team to open business development dialogs with key strategic customers. Particular interest is to engage in collaborative discussion to determine key operational challenges and define how EXFO’s RF products can solve these challenges.
- Represent EXFO as RF technology expert in customer visits and technical discussions
- Interface with existing strategic customers to solidify expectations of performance and growth
- Align EXFO Product Management team with target accounts and engage customers on roadmap decisions to align with upcoming customer requirements
- Coordinate with Product/Sales management teams to align EXFO RF solutions to the needs of the customers to affect significant process change that impact customers’ business metrics
- Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, road map, pricing information to product management teams
- Identify and attend tradeshows and other business functions to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace, to find potential new business opportunities, and to market the RF Solutions
- Report on business opportunities in target markets
- Work closely with sales, marketing, development, customers and prospects to set the strategic direction and overall product positioning
- Planning, developing and working with the marketing communications team on the execution and sustainment for all elements of go-to-market initiatives including: product launches, market research & analysis, outbound messaging, value propositions, differentiation and thought-leadership communications activity
- Identify potential external third parties and assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
What we're looking for
- Very well versed in RF and wireless technologies (2G/3G/LTE/5G) as well as ideally in network core and access technologies. The candidate should be aware of the business value of testing methodologies and the associated customer methods and procedures.
- Familiarity with wireline test applications and technologies (Optical, Datacom, FTTx, SDH, Ethernet, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external business partners and customers
- Strong technical capabilities and ability to engage in in-depth conversations with customers
- Experience working with service provider/cableco/telco organizations and or related vendors
- Excellent communication skills to lead strategy and development of new business pitches and presentations
- Prioritization and alignment of multiple goals and objectives
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented
- Possess leadership qualities and superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill
- Initiative and accountability
- Innovative problem solver
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or telecommunications technology.
Pertinent Experience: Minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience (RF, telecom, networking protocols, system solutions). Background in product management and/or business development is a definite asset.
Language Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Written and spoken French is a strong asset.