TURNING FIBER INSPECTION INTO A ONE-STEP PROCESS
Enabled by its unique automatic focus-adjustment system, the FIP-430B automates each operation in the test sequence, transforming the critical inspection step into a quick and simple one-step process accessible to technicians of any skill level.
KEEP THE FOCUS ON YOUR RESULTS
Ever heard of false-positive connector inspection results?
Every inspection and maintenance (I&M) fiber professional will agree that connector inspection is critical, which is why they have adopted analysis software to secure the certification process. However, they may not realize that failing connectors can result in a pass verdict if the analysis is performed on an out-of-focus image.
False-positive results can affect your network by becoming a source of:
- A series of tedious troubleshooting tasks
- Bad connectors, which may affect optical test results such as ORL readings on OTDR tests
- Erratic readings during 40G or 100G OTN BERT testing
- Can lead to network upgrade failures when migrating to higher-speed (40G/100G)
- Automated focus adjustment: Ensures that each connector image is captured with maximum quality to facilitate identification of defects
- Focus protection: Prevents image capture in the event of improper focus adjustment to ensure that no defects or residues affecting performance are ignored by the analysis, thus avoiding the reporting of false-positive results
These features all lead to more accurate and consistent test results for first-time-right network deployment.
EXPLORE THE NEW FIP-430B
Onboard Connector Endface Analysis*
*The ConnectorMax2 analysis is offered onboard the FIP-420B and FIP-430B Fiber Inspection Probe models only.
- Automatic pass/fail analysis of the connector endfaces as per IEC/IPC standards or user-defined criteria
- Removes subjectivity from the test process, thus reducing risk of misinterpretation and errors
- Ensures more accurate and consistent test results amongst the teams
FIP-430B UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY*
Thanks to its USB port, the FIP-400B Series is compatible with the FTB Ecosystem, the MaxTester 700B OTDR Series, the MAX-FIP display, as well as PCs and laptops.
* For compatibility with EXFO’s AXS and FOT Series, as well as legacy optical gear, see the FIP-400 model.
SMALL ENOUGH TO BE HANDHELD.
LARGE ENOUGH FOR FULL-SCREEN VIEWING.
If you are looking for a stand-alone inspection and certification solution, the MAX-FIP offers a rugged,
tablet-inspired test unit that’s a perfect companion to the FIP-430B.
See the MAX-FIP product page
- Bright, 7-inch touchscreen display
- Compact, intuitive and rugged design to face any OSP environment
- Plug-and-play power meter and visual-fault-locator (VFL) options
- Full-day, rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Optional Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- 2 GB internal memory offers extensive storage of up to 4000 fiber certification results