ETHERNET AND SONET/SDH MAPPING OVER OTU3/OTU4
EXFO’s IQS-85100G Packet Blazer offers the 40G/100G Ethernet and SONET mapping capability over OTU3/OTU4 through EoOTN or SONET/SDH software options. This key testing capability provides the following benefits:
- Enables NEMs to qualify their 40G/100G transponder development (such as mapping and demapping capabilities), in addition to client signal timing transparency.
- Provides the 40 GigE-specific transcoding capability that must be qualified to ensure that the 40 GigE frame is properly transcoded from 64B/66B to 1024B/1027B, and properly mapped into the OTU3 (43G) standard frame.
With the IQS-85100G Packet Blazer, customers can:
- Map 40G/100G Ethernet clients or SONET/SDH over optical transport network (OTN) with different traffic characteristics.
- Run end-to-end BER tests across an OTN and measure the ratio of error bits to the number of sent bits (the IQS-85100G Packet Blazer module provides complete analysis of the OTN transport layers, including OTU/ODU/OPU and GMP statistics to ensure proper recovery of the client signal at the receive end and complete SONET/SDH analysis.
- Leverage EXFO’s EoOTN testing capability to validate 40G/100G Ethernet traffic transmission with 100% throughput, and ensure that latency does not impact service providers’ service-level agreements (SLA) with customers.
ETHERNET PERFORMANCE VALIDATION
The IQS-85100G Packet Blazer can perform the RFC 2544 test suite for 40G and 100G Ethernet interfaces at all frame sizes and at full-line rate, allowing service providers to certify that the circuit is efficient and error-free at 100% utilization. It also supports automated RFC 2544 testing for accurate, consistent and repeatable results.
The IQS-85100G’s RFC 2544 testing capability also comes with five Smart Loopback modes offering following features and benefits:
- Provide the flexibility to adjust to all loopback situations: pinpoint loopback traffic from a UDP or TCP layer, or all the way down to a completely promiscuous mode (Transparent Loopback mode.
- Enable end-to-end testing where the remote unit will return traffic to the local unit by swapping packet overhead up to layer 4 of the OSI stack.
- Enable manufacturers and carriers to ensure optimal performance of 40G/100G optics during lab evaluations.
ETHERSAM: ITU-T Y.1564 ETHERNET SERVICE ACTIVATION
Supported on the IQS-85100G Packet Blazer module for 40G/100G Ethernet services, this new methodology brings numerous advantages, including:
- Validation of critical SLA criteria such as packet jitter and QoS measurements
- Faster time-to-service
- EtherSAM test suite: Based on the ITU-T Y.1564 Ethernet service activation methodology, this EXFO innovation is capable of simulating all the types of services running on the network and simultaneously qualifying all the key SLA parameters for each service.
Download the specification sheet for full product details.