The AXS-110 OTDR: The LAN/WAN Test Solution
Easy Location and Characterization of Events
EXFO's AXS-110 All-Fiber OTDR helps you boost test productivity for inside-plant applications. Its exceptional 0.8 m event dead zone enables you to easily locate and characterize all events between the transmitter and the central office’s fiber, access and FTTH network applications, where events are usually closely spaced.
Multimode and Singlemode Flexibility
The AXS-110 combines singlemode and multimode functionalities, ideal for premises, private and enterprise network testing. Test multimode fiber within premises, or singlemode fiber between premises—all with a single OTDR unit—and maximize your return on investment.
End-to-End PON Characterization
The AXS-110 lets you test through high-port-count splitters—even 1 x 64 splitters—perfect for passive optical network (PON) testing, delivering these key advantages:
- Perfect tool for FTTx contractors and tier-2 certification of premises networks
- Pass/fail features that comply with industry standards such as TIA 568c and IEEE 802.3ah
- Highest dynamic range of the industry for a handheld OTDR
- Power meter option, for crosschecking the total loss using the built-in OTDR laser in continuous source mode
The AXS-110 comes in three models:
- AXS-110 All-Fiber OTDR
Combining singlemode and multimode capabilities for enterprise, campus and access networks, this model offers the 850, 1300, 1310 and 1550 nm wavelengths, with respective dynamic ranges of 24, 25, 32 and 30 dB.
- AXS-110 Singlemode OTDR
Ideal for FTTx/access and CATV testing, this model is optimized for testing through PON-based splitters; it offers the 1310, 1490, 1550 and 1625 nm wavelengths, with respective dynamic ranges of 37, 33, 35 and 37 dB.
- AXS-110 Multimode OTDR
Optimized for enterprise testing on both 50 and 62.5 µm multimode fiber, this model offers the 850 and 1300 nm wavelengths, with respective dynamic ranges of 24 and 25 dB.
- FasTrace function: one-touch testing for top user-friendliness
- 8-hour power autonomy
- USB port (memory-stick compatible) for easy data transfer
- Large internal memory (up to 500 results)
- Transflective color display for viewing clear results under bright sunlight
- Superior automated analysis for a better, easier and faster diagnosis
- Automatic pass/fail analysis and macrobend locating