Complete ADSL/VDSL2 Service Testing
Housed in EXFO’s FTB-1 Platform, the FTB-635 is the most powerful DSL service troubleshooting tool for FTTN triple-play services. Whether for testing copper, ADSL2+, VDSL2, Ethernet or triple-play services, the FTB-635 is complete and provides technicians with many connectivity options for uploading tests and compiling reports. The FTB-635 combines multiple tools, ranging from a multimeter, wideband transmitter/receiver and noise meter, wideband impulse noise meter, balance, TDR, noise meter, RFL and SmartR technology, to allow effective troubleshooting of VDSL2 circuits. With an integrated modem supporting the newest capabilities, VDSL2 can be emulated up to 30 MHz, including improved performance with vectoring. DSL and Ethernet WAN (1G) and LAN interfaces enable testing on FTTH circuits and inside premises. Emulate a set-top box or VoIP calls inside or outside, to know where and when the service works. Test IPTV streams (multiple streams and live video preview) with the powerful test suite of the FTB-1 handheld modular platform.
Annex A and B In One Configuration
With a choice of modems, the FTB-635 supports testing services over Annex A up to profile 30a, as well as bonded circuits, or Annex A and Annex B up to profile 30a. Annex A and B together are convenient and economical for technicians troubleshooting both types of circuits, eliminating the need to swap modules or use a separate device.
Supporting the Latest DSL Technologies: G.INP and Vectoring
VDSL2 is revitalizing the copper plant with new methods that help achieve high-quality multiplay and take noise mitigation to the next level through G.INP (impulse noise protection and physical layer retransmission as defined by ITU-T G.998.4) and vectoring (ITU-T G.993.5). These techniques are supported by the FTB-635 to validate and ensure maximum performance of DSL circuits.
Powerful On-Board Triple-Play Testing
The on-board EXFO EXpert application options on the FTB-1 Platform provide the power to test and troubleshoot your triple-play services—whether via 1G Ethernet on the platform (for FTTH circuits and in-premises connections) or DSL on the test interfaces of the FTB-635 (for fiber-to-the-cab and other DSL circuits). The VoIP analysis includes call emulation for common codecs; in-depth IP analysis and tests to analyze data delivery and network connection issues, and in-depth IPTV testing to include a live video preview. Whether outside or inside, the FTB-635 is ready.
Full Color Web Browser and Third-Party Applications
The Windows-based FTB-1 Platform provides a fully functional Internet Explorer Web browser, enabling full access to the provider portals and clear, independent, visual proof to end customers of properly provisioned Internet services. What’s more, selected third-party applications are also on board, such as Net Stumbler to check Wi-Fi signals in the premises, or Wireshark to capture and analyze IP packets to isolate service-delivery problems at the Ethernet/IP layer.
Key DSL Applications
- Ensures that customers have the required bandwidth (downstream and upstream rates) for delivering triple-play services over single-pair or bonded ADSL2+ and VDSL2
- Validates that the IPTV and data services can operate on the circuit with the required QoS
- Provides in-depth view of link quality at all layers
- Isolates service issues outside and inside on FTTC and FTTH networks
Key Copper Applications
- Every tool needed for troubleshooting FTTN circuits from the cab to the set-top box: optical power measurement, VFL, fiber assessment, ADSL/VDSL2 testing and wideband copper testing
- Complete suite of manual and automated advanced metallic tests for any service, from multimeter to TDR to wideband impulse noise
- 30 MHz wideband spectrum analysis for analyzing any circuit cable service qualification, up to VDSL2 band plan (8, 12, 17, 30 MHz)
- High-power isolation for finding those highly resistive faults and insulation failures on long circuits
- Unmatched short- and long-range wireless connectivity to capture, upload, analyze and leverage captured measurements
- Advanced impulse noise (including REIN, PEIN and SHINE) time and frequency domain analysis
For more details, download the spec sheet