THE POWERFUL CHOICE FOR MULTISERVICE TESTING
The ongoing transition towards a converged network infrastructure for SONET/SDH, OTN, Fibre Channel and packet-based Ethernet services reinforces the need for a test tool capable of covering a wide range of interfaces and rates without sacrificing portability, speed or cost. Leveraging the intelligent FTB-2, FTB-2/Pro orFTB-500 platform, the FTB-8830NGE Power Blazer streamlines processes and empowers technicians to customize their testing solution for efficient validation of SONET/SDH, OTN, Fibre Channel and Ethernet circuits.
Accessible in any environment and at any time, the FTB-500, FTB-2 and FTB-2 Pro Windows-based platforms deliver unmatched connectivity via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet and USB.
POWERFUL YET SIMPLE
With next-generation networks becoming more and more complex, the FTB-8830NGE Power Blazer module has been designed to cover all testing needs up to 10G with remarkable simplicity. Featuring a highly intuitive graphical user interface (GUI), streamlined procedures and predefined configurations, this tool can be mastered by new users with little to no training. The FTB-8830NGE Power Blazer can also be combined with any EXFO optical module for fiber characterization and OSNR qualification, enabling technicians to speed up testing and time-to-service by running both modules simultaneously.
SIMPLIFIED BER TESTING
- Lets you preconfigure OTN (from OTU1 or OTU2, including standard overclocked rates), Ethernet (from 10M to 10G), SONET/SDH (from OC-3/STM-1 to OC-192/STM-64), and Fibre Channel (1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 10x, 16x) bit-error-rate (BER) test parameters before arriving at the test site. After, load them from the Favorites menu with a single click.
- Preconfigured “Favorites” can be copied from one platform to another, or sent to technicians out in the field via e-mail to be loaded using the USB port on their platform.
- The FTB-8830NGE provides clear results, assorted notifications and real-time pass/fail status via text or icons. Clicking on the pass/fail indicator maximizes this important status to full screen for clear and concise notification.
Ethernet Performance Assessment
- Offers an automated RFC 2544 test suite for all supported Ethernet interfaces at all frame sizes and at full line rate for repeatable test results and error-free circuit certification at 100% utilization.
- RFC 2544 is complemented by five Smart Loopback modes: pinpoint loopback traffic from a UDP or TCP layer, or all the way down to a completely promiscuous mode (Transparent Loopback)—the FTB-8830NGE can adjust to all loopback situations where the remote unit will return traffic to the local unit by swapping packet overhead up to layer 4 of the OSI stack.
- Delivers test reports with detailed throughput, frame loss, back-to-back and latency measurements, in addition to clear histograms for future reference regarding specific service-level agreements (SLAs).
EtherSAM: ITU-T Y.1564 Ethernet Service Activation
Supported on the FTB-8830NGE Power Blazer module for 10M-to-10G Ethernet client services, this new methodology brings numerous advantages, including:
- Validation of critical SLA criteria, such as packet jitter and QoS measurements
- Faster time-to-service
- EXFO’s EtherSAM test suite: Based on the ITU-T Y.1564 Ethernet service activation methodology, this EXFO innovation is capable of simulating all the types of services running on the network and simultaneously qualifying all the key SLA parameters for each service.
Download the specification sheet for full product details.