- Mixed and bulk payload generation and analysis from 51.84 Mbit/s to 40 Gbit/s
- High-order mappings: STS-1/3c/12c/48c/192c/768c and AU-3/AU-4/AU-4c/16c/64c/256c
- Unframed optical signal testing at 40 Gbits/s rate
- Section/RS, Line/MS and high-order (HO) path overhead manipulation and monitoring
- Section/RS, Line/MS and high-order (HO) path alarm/error generation and monitoring
- High-order (HO) pointer generation and monitoring
- K1/K2 OH byte capture
- Performance monitoring: G.821, G.828, G.829, M.2100, M.2101
- Frequency analysis and power measurement
- Frequency offset generation
- Automatic protection switching (APS) and service disruption time (SDT) measurements
- Multichannel SDT measurements and real-time error/alarm monitoring for all STS-1/AU-4 channels
- Round-trip delay (RTD) measurements
- Through mode analysis
- Programmable error/alarm injection
- Independent transmitter and receiver testing
- Payload block and replace
Optical Transport Network (OTN) Testing and Troubleshooting
Prevalent in 10 Gbit/s networks, OTN has become a necessity for 40 Gbit/s transmission due to its forward error correction capabilities—a critical requirement of service providers worldwide. The IQS-8140 Transport Blazer offers OTN test capabilities (enabled through a software option) for verifying compliancy with ITU-T G.709 standards.
OTN as per ITU-T G.709 has recently introduced two new concepts: ODU0 and ODUflex. ODU0 is a new virtual container of 1.25 Gbit/s bandwidth specifically defined for efficiently mapping Gigabit Ethernet services over OTN. As for ODUflex, it is the most efficient sub-wavelength bandwidth management capability for transport line rates of 10 Gbit/s, 40 Gbit/s and upcoming 100 Gbit/s. ODUflex allows providers to interconnect routers in ways that enable efficient bandwidth growth in steps of 1.25 Gbit/s, eliminating the need to allocate a full fixed-rate ODU container to each connection and allowing service providers to transport efficiently and seamlessly across lower-cost optical infrastructures. The tests include:
- OTU3 (43 Gbit/s) bit rate (framed and unframed)
- Synchronous mapping of SONET/SDH signals within OTN as well as synchronous/asynchronous demapping
- Forward error correction (FEC) testing—error insertion and monitoring
- Service disruption time (SDT) measurements
- Multichannel SDT measurements and real-time error/alarm monitoring for all ODU0 channels
- Round-trip delay (RTD) measurements
- OTU, ODU, OPU overhead manipulation and monitoring
- OTU, ODU (including ODU TCM), OPU layer alarms/errors generation and analysis
- OTU, ODU (including ODU TCM) trace messages
- Intrusive and transparent Through mode analysis
- Multiplexing/demultiplexing of ODU13, ODU23, ODU123, ODU03, ODU013 and ODU0123 with capability of mapping SONET/SDH, Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet client signals into ODU0, ODU1 and ODU2
- ODU0 (1.25 Gbit/s) container with Gigabit Ethernet and SONET/SDH client signals mapping
- ODUflex with SONET/SDH and Ethernet client signal mapping
Product Option Flexibility
The IQS-8140 Transport Blazer provides customers with the flexibility to purchase SONET/SDH-only configurations and upgrade to OTN test functions via software options to meet evolving needs—reducing hardware and/or platform retrofits, and significantly decreasing capital and training expenses.
Powerful Automated Test Scripting
Automation and scripting, traditionally found in manufacturing applications, is gaining momentum in system verification testing environments to facilitate repeatability and improve quality and efficiency. EXFO is committed to addressing manufacturing and system verification test (SVT) needs with its automation features.
The IQS-8140 Transport Blazer includes a wide range of SCPI commands (standard commands for programmable instrumentation), which are powerful enough to provide repeatable testing of complex configurations, yet simple enough to create a 40 gigabit BERT in as little as seven commands. As with all IQS-81xx modules, the IQS-8140 offers an intuitive macro recorder enabling users to easily record test actions and automatically create test scripts in VB.Net.
Part of EXFO’s Layer 0/1/2/3/4 Unified Testing Solution
EXFO’s IQS-600 platform can house a mix of physical interfaces and protocol modules (SONET/SDH/OTN, Ethernet and Fibre Channel), making it the industry’s first truly integrated and unified testing platform. This multilayer, multitechnology modular test platform simplifies upgrades and is the ideal solution for SVT, manufacturing and R&D testing environments.
Combined with the IQS-8130NGE, the IQS-8140 provides a multiservice solution designed to test:
- SONET/SDH from DS0 to OC-768/STM-256
- Ethernet from 10 Mbit/s to 10 GigE LAN/WAN
- Fibre Channel 1/2/4/10 gigabit
Combined with EXFO’s PMD, wavelength and optical spectrum analyzers, the IQS-8140 brings a unique integrated solution addressing all 40 Gbit/s testing requirements from the physical to the transmission layer.
Flexible Remote Access Solution
Through its optional Visual Guardian LiteTM management software, the IQS-8140 Transport Blazer supports remote testing, monitoring and data analysis via standard Ethernet with the same familiar user interface. In addition, users can remotely access the IQS-600 platform with a simple Web browser, a VNC client or Remote Desktop to control any module housed in the platform.