Skyrocketing bandwidth demand is forcing NSPs to migrate to faster technologies to ensure QoS and QoE.
Cable Networks: Achieving Continuous, Flawless Multiplay Services
From core to access, and from SONET/SDH to Ethernet and FTTx, the wireline infrastructure is a vital component of any network—even wireless networks. More than ever, the goal is to extract every possible benefit out of these wireline assets while delivering the quality and performance expected by today’s multiplay services (voice, video, data).
Adding to this challenge, the high-bandwidth demands of these services are pressuring network service providers (NSPs) to rapidly incorporate faster technologies (FTTH, 40G/100G Ethernet, DWDM multiplexing, etc.) to ensure the customer’s quality of service (QoS) and quality of experience (QoE).
But without the ability to raise service pricing (because of rampant customer churn), NSP revenues are flattening, constricting budgets even while competition is growing fiercer. This has forced many NSPs to outsource testing to contractors to reduce operating costs, but in many cases, the skill level of the technicians is undetermined.
Best-in-Class Testing Tools, Methodologies and Procedures for Any Network, Any Technician and Any Technology
Going beyond simple pass/fail testing tools, EXFO leverages decades of experience from across the world to deliver intelligent, automated, self-setting, user-friendly solutions that improve technician productivity, from novice to expert alike—driving down OPEX while providing increased insight into network and service performance.
Delivering a portfolio of innovative and intelligent test and monitoring solutions that span the entire network lifecycle, EXFO’s multifunction, multi-application platforms and modules require less training, produce faster results, eliminate guesswork, and significantly reduce costly truck rolls—all while delivering advanced data management and monitoring services that facilitate and accelerate network upgrade and migration decisions.
- Comprehensive physical-layer fiber-link characterization in access, metro, core, mobile backhaul, long-haul and ultra long-haul networks
- Rapid qualification of copper loops and validation of xDSL services in the last-mile-to-customer infrastructure
- Continuous assessment of multiplay service performance (voice/VoIP, data, video/IPTV)
- In-depth polarization and dispersion analysis
- Spectral testing for CWDM and DWDM applications
- Full optical and packet protocol testing (from 1 Mbit/s to 10/40/100 Gbit/s)