to qualify the link
Fiber Characterization Services by EXFO is a result-oriented and comprehensive series of field tests designed to report on the overall quality of an existing dark fiber pair that is being prepared for sale, lease, commissioning or upgrade.
It is a standardized field service with a single part number, known generally as fiber characterization.
Emphasis is on delivering repeatable, reliable test results and remedial field support by implementing the following standards:
- Standard test routine
- Standard equipment kit
- Standard procedure
- Standard method of reporting
- Standard method of crew operations
to identify high dispersion
on the fiber
PMD Isolation Services by EXFO locates fiber sections that are large contributors to the total PMD of a link. This allows to isolate and repair only the worst PMD sections of the fiber cable, for a cost-effective upgrade.
- Bidirectional analysis of long-haul links to increase accuracy and dynamic range
- Create section templates with multiple traces
- Create histogram
to catalog the fiber
Network Audit Services by EXFO provides independent verification of outside-plant fiber cables and spans.
- OTDR and power tests for continuity, fiber identification and length
- Network map
- Isolate bad fibers, high loss, high reflectance