Technical Support Specialist
Under the supervision of the Technical Support Manager and according to general company policies, you will provide customers with technical assistance via telephone, email, web conference, or on-site. You will be specializing on our Optical Wireline products and test platforms.
In addition to the technical support role, you may be required to provide training to customers on the operation of EXFO products. Training can be Web-based, or on-site at customer locations.
For common problems and issues of moderate complexity, you should be able to handle these with little or no assistance. For more complex issues, you are expected to take a leadership role in managing the customer contact and to liaise with other departments to deliver a solution to the customer’s problem.
This is a challenging and dynamic position where you will be a member of the technical support team for the EXFO optical products.
Note: This position requires availability for periodic travel.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Windows OS, debugging OS and driver issues;
- Knowledge of and experience with using optical telecommunication test and measurement instrumentation;
- Field experience installing or commissioning optical fiber or communication equipment is an asset;
- Familiar with remote communication tools.
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Customer service experience and skills;
- Customer oriented attitude and solution approach;
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent communicator with the ability to adjust to the customer level;
- Sense of responsibility and high level of autonomy;
- Excellent sense of judgment.
Academic and Professional Requirements
Education: College diploma or University degree in computer science, electronics, optics or physics, or telecommunications
Pertinent experience: 2 years in a technical customer service environment
Language requirements: Bilingual : English and French. Other languages will be considered an asset.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from women, visible minorities and Aboriginal people.