Technical Support Specialist
Under the supervision of the Director, Post Sales Services and according to general company policies, you will provide customers with technical assistance via telephone, email, web conference, or on-site. You will be asked to specialize on Transport (Sonet/SDH analyzers) and Datacom (Ethernet, Fiberchannel) products.
In addition to traditional technical support, field service & support, commissioning and on-site training will give you an opportunity to work face to face with EXFO customers.
For common problems and issues of moderate complexity, you should be able to handle these with little or no assistance. For more complex issues, you are expected to take a leadership role in managing the customer contact and to liaise with other departments to deliver a solution to the customer’s problem.
When required, the Technical Support Specialist is expected to perform other tasks related to this position.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Windows OS, debugging OS problems;
- Excellent knowledge of NG Sonet/SDH/OTN service turn-up and testing;
- Excellent knowledge of Ethernet/10G Ethernet layer 2 and layer 3 testing;
- Programming skills with VB, .NET, C#, Labview, and common scripting languages, is an asset.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND APTITUDES
- Customer oriented attitude and solution approach;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to adjust to the customer level;
- Sense of responsibility and high level of autonomy;
- Ability to learn fast and to adapt to new situations;
- Excellent decision-making skills;
- Excellent pedagogic skills and at ease in a training environment;
- Good communication skills (in French and English; oral and written).
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: College degree in computer science, electronics, optics or physics, or telecommunications or equivalent experience;
Pertinent experience: 4 years in a technical customer service environment;
Language requirements: English & French, other languages are considered an asset.
Travel: Available for periodic travel (~ 15%);
Other requirements: You must be a Canadian citizen or be a permanent resident of Canada
EXFO is an equal-opportunity employer.