Software Designer R&D
Under the supervision of the Software Group Manager, and within the Research and Development department, the main responsibility of the Software Designer is to develop new functionalities for our high tech products for network communication protocols.
More specifically, the Software Designer:
- Participates in the development and the evolution of new functionalities within an Agile environment;
- Actively participates in peer design reviews;
- Participates in the integration tests.
- Provides documentation on the chosen architecture and technologies;
- Participates in the implementation of automated tests for continuous testing environment.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- In-depth knowledge of UML methodology
- In-depth knowledge of C++ or C# programming language and .NET Framework environment.
- Asset: Knowledge of protocols such as Ethernet, TCP/IPv4/IPv6 (or any IP stack knowledge), Sonet/Sdh, Dsn/Pdh, Fibre Channel
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Passionate and persevering
- Attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organizational skills
- Good communication skills
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in software or computer engineering.
Pertinent experience: At least 1 year of experience in software development.
Language requirements: Bilingual (French and English, oral and written)
Other requirements: You must be a Canadian citizen or have your permanent residency.
Any other equivalent combination of studies/related experience will be considered.
*EXFO is an equal-opportunity employer. and encourage applications from women, visible minorities and Aboriginal people.