Product Line Manager (PLM)
Under the supervision of the Director, T&D business unit, within the Product Management and Marketing Department, your main responsibility will be to promote EXFO products, increase their visibility and make sure our products meet our customer’s needs.
- Manage product roadmap for assigned product line/application group;
- Initiating market research for new potential areas of interest;
- Provide market expertise and product requirements for cross-BU specific projects;
- Serve as the solutions/application expert when dealing with internal and external customers for assigned application area.
- Develop and maintain product family roadmap and vision;
- Develop and own yearly Marketing Plan for assigned product line, working closely with assigned Product Marketing Specialist;
- Ensure go-to-market plans maintain consistent messaging to that outlined in Marketing Plan;
- Develop market sizing for assigned product line; providing periodic benchmarking to senior management against the competition;
- Analyze product line performance and metrics; providing periodic benchmarking to senior management; and develop corrective tactical plans (as needed);
- Provide coaching and mentorship within application group;
- Prime contact for partnership/OEMs/acquisitions technical due diligence that fall within product line family.
- Very good knowledge of networking protocols including Ethernet, IP and MPLS;
- Very gook knowledge of transport technologies including SONET/SDH, PDH and OTN technologies;
- VoIP and Fibre Channel protocols knowledge would be an asset.
Required Skills and abilities
- Focus on clientele, results and action;
- Good comprehension of telecommunication field and our customer challenges;
- Business oriented: being able to expend “business case”;
- Well positioned in the industry (networking);
- Teamplayer : capable to share with and to learn from coworkers;
- Capable to propose creative solution to the problems encountered;
- Autonomous and efficient with continuous improvement of his/her skills and work methods.
Education and professional requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronics engineering or equivalent;
- Experience: Minimum 5 years in a Product Manager role;
- Language requirements: English (speaking and writing);
- MBA is a definite asset.
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from women, visible minorities and Aboriginal peoples.